FRM-1(A) Relay Module:
The FRM-1(A) Addressable Relay Module provides the system with a dry-contact output for activating a variety of auxiliary devices, such as fans, dampers, control equipment, etc. Addressability allows the dry contact to be activated, either manually or through panel programming, on a select basis. FlashScan® (U.S. Patent 5,539,389) is a communication protocol developed by NOTIFIER Engineering that greatly enhances the speed of communication between analog intelligent devices. Intelligent devices communicate in a grouped fashion. If one of the devices within the group has new information, the panel CPU stops the group poll and concentrates on single points. The net effect is response speed greater than five times that of other designs.
• Built-in type identification automatically identifies these devices to the control panel.
• Internal circuitry and relay powered directly by two-wire SLC loop. The FCM-1(A) module requires power (for horns, strobes, etc.), or audio (for speakers).
• Integral LED “blinks” green each time a communication is received from the control panel and turns on in steady red when activated.
• LED blink may be deselected globally (affects all devices).
• High noise immunity (EMF/RFI).
• The FCM-1(A) may be used to switch 24-volt NAC power, audio (up to 70.7 Vrms).
• Wide viewing angle of LED.
• SEMS screws with clamping plates for wiring ease.
• Direct-dial entry of address 01– 159 for FlashScan loops, 01 – 99 for CLIP mode loops.
• Speaker, and audible/visual applications may be wired for Class B or A (Style Y or Z).
Each FCM-1(A) or FRM-1(A) uses one of 159 possible module addresses on a SLC loop (99 on CLIP loops). It responds to regular polls from the control panel and reports its type and status, including the open/normal/short status of its Notification Appliance Circuit (NAC). The LED blinks with each poll received. On command, it activates its internal relay. The FCM-1(A) supervises Class B (Style Y) or Class A (Style Z) notification or control circuits. Upon code command from the panel, the FCM-1(A) will disconnect the supervision and connect the external power supply in the proper polarity across the load device. The disconnection of the supervision provides a positive indication to the panel that the control relay actually turned ON. The external power supply is always relay isolated from the communication loop so that a trouble condition on the external power supply will never interfere with the rest of the system. Rotary switches set a unique address for each module. The address may be set before or after mounting. The built-in TYPE CODE (not settable) will identify the module to the control panel, so as to differentiate between a module and a sensor address.
Specifications for FCM-1(A)
Normal operating voltage: 15 to 32 VDC.
Maximum current draw: 6.5 mA (LED on).
Average operating current: 350μA direct poll, 375μA group poll with LED flashing, 485μA Max. (LED flashing, NAC shorted.)
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.